Social Icons

rss feed email

Friday, October 12, 2012

Pin It

Widgets

Swagbucks - Moderate Effort


Search & WinToday I'm going to go over the easier active methods to earn Swag Bucks. This might seem like more work, but I assure you once you get the hang of things and get your own system down you'll be able to do this part and use your computer for other things as the same time without much extra thought or work.

Offer Feed

So as to provide users with an interface they are familiar with and not alienate new users, the main page of Swagbucks has an "offers feed" that aggregates new and most popular offers, similar to the Facebook News Feed. Keep an eye out for the ones that are videos. They open in a new window and award 1 or 2 points just from watching them. You don't have to watch the full video either, usually 45 seconds is about the time needed for the view to register. You can click the blue circle arrow next to where your current Swag Bucks offers to refresh the amount and see if it has increased.

Swagbucks TV

This is where I get a big chunk of my daily Swag Bucks. It's called Swagbucks TV. For every 10 videos you watch, you'll earn 3 SB. I don't actually watch the videos though; I just leave them running on the side of my monitor and change to the next video once the current one has finished. I usually get at least 50 Swag Bucks a day from this. However, you do have to be at the computer so that you can select the next video. This is good for me right now because I use the computer to search for jobs and do lots of other things. I expect the amount I make from SBTV to go down a lot once I get a job.

SBTV
Toolbar button
If you have Firefox or Internet Explorer, the optimal SBTV experience is just a click away. Just click the SBTV button on the Swagbucks toolbar. Move the little window that opens to the side of your screen, resizing your main browser window if you prefer. If you use Chrome, I suggest using Firefox to run SBTV. The reason for this is Google does not allow third party toolbars to be installed in Chrome. I move the SBTV window to the top right of the screen and resize the Firefox window so it is completely behind the SBTV window.

My desktop setup for Swagbucks TV
Click to enlarge.
In the image above, what you see in the red is a video in the Offers Feed I mentioned earlier. I usually drag those into the empty space below SBTV and then open a new tab in my main browser and start doing normal things like checking my e-mail.

What you see in the blue is Swagbucks TV running in Firefox.. I like to run the Splash channel because the videos seem to be the shortest. I just do my normal browsing and when I need to, I click the next video from the little bar. Once you've done it for a while you can completely tune out the videos and your brain will automatically register that there is no movement and trigger your reflex to click the next video. I do it almost completely without thinking about it anymore.

Shop & Earn

This one is pretty easy to explain. I have not used this service personally through Swagbucks yet, but I have used a similar service that my credit card offers. You can access this feature by clicking on the Earn tab at the top of the Swagbucks website and selecting Shop & Earn. You'll be presented with a list of stores (as well as some coupons you can use!). Clicking on the Shop Now button for any store will simply take you to that store's website. If you use this method to access the store when you buy something, you'll receive Swag Bucks based on how much money you spend, which also varies by store. For example, as of this writing, you can receive 4 SB per dollar spent at BestBuy, 3 SB for every dollar spent at Target, and 2 SB for every dollar spent at Newegg. Most of the major retailers are listed, so you should be able to find exactly what you're looking for. Ordering some Christmas presents online? Access the store through Swagbucks and earn.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Sample text

Sample Text

.

Sample Text