Social Icons

rss feed email

Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Pin It

Widgets

Introduction to Beer Money


Well, as I'm sure as obvious to you, this is my first post. Here's a little blurb about myself and the situation I find myself in. I'm 26 years old, married with no kids. My wife is going back to school for graphic design (and if she wasn't so busy with school I'd get her to make awesome graphics for my blog) and working a part time job. I am currently unemployed.

Finding a job in this economy is pretty tough, especially when you're as stubborn as I am. You see, I have my B.S. in Computer Science from the University of West Florida. That's not as great as it sounds because unless you specialize (UWF is a small school and didn't offer any specializations) you learn a bunch of theoretical knowledge that you could later build upon by getting a Masters degree and becoming a professor or researcher and then pursuing your Doctorate. I literally did not learn anything a normal business would consider practical. When applying for jobs I get asked if I know SQL or if I have any experience networking. I have to say no, but I am a good learner. That hasn't cut it so far. No one in the real world cares if I know the difference between Bubble Sort, Selection Sort, or Merge Sort. No one cares that I know how to represent data in a binary tree, an array, or linked list. None of the stuff I learned matters.
A binary search tree

What I want to do is go back to school to do something along the lines of a Network Administrator. I really can't do this though until Julie (my wife) finishes up with her schooling. We just simply can't afford for two of us to be in school. While looking for jobs, I stumbled upon a concept that has changed how I view using the Internet. I came across this concept one night when I was taking a break from job searching and browsing Reddit. This concept is called Beer Money. The idea is to devote small amounts of time doing something online that pays a fairly small amount of money, and at the end of the month use it to buy beer. It's almost like free beer because you put very little effort into collecting the money for it. Of course, this money doesn't have to be used for beer, but the concept remains the same. I was intrigued so I started trying different websites. Some were recommended by others, and some I found on my own. I've been doing this exactly 3 weeks now and I've earned $205.14 in cash and $40 in Amazon gift cards. Plus I have somewhere around $20 pending.


My goal with this blog is to share the sites I have found. The ones I liked and the ones I disliked and why. I'll review them and post guides on here with the steps I take every day. I plan on getting up one review at least every 3 or 4 days. I've been working on the first review and I'll hopefully have it up in a day or two.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Sample text

Sample Text

.

Sample Text